Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DECISION PORTRAITS ... A Blog that Reads Like a Book

This blog documents and explains the
DECISION PORTRAIT SERIES
by South Carolinian fiber artist Susan Lenz.

The Decision Portrait Series blog has undergone several major changes since its inception.  At first this blog served as a way to communicate with potential participants.  Later, this blog documented the work being produced and the exhibits in Salisbury, NC and Greenville and Charleston, SC.  Finally, this blog has undergone this latest major renovation. It is meant to coordinate with two exhibits.  The first show was during Quilt, Inc.'s 2012 International Quilt Festival in Houston, October 31 - November 4, 2012.  That exhibit featured a curated selection of 40 portraits.  The second show will be held at Vision Gallery, May 17th through July 26th, 2013.  That exhibit will feature almost all of the portraits.  In addition to the conceptual statement, this blog now includes a separate entry for each portrait, arranged alphabetically.  Each work is featured with "the rest of the story".  This blog can be read almost like a book ... just keep scrolling down!

The CONCEPTUAL STATEMENT and complete, alphabetical list of portraits ... CLICK HERE!  This post also includes a brief history of how this series came into existence, developed, and was shown in various exhibitions.  When actually "printing" this book, this introduction comes before the actual posts on the individual pieces.  This post also includes an index page with links to every portrait.  There is also a list on the right side of this blog that links to the individual portraits.  

To view "Personal Grounds" including the Decision Portrait Series as seen from September 10 - October 10, 2010 in Susan Lenz's solo exhibition at The City Gallery at Waterfront Park in Charleston, South Carolina....CLICK HERE!

To view "Personal Grounds" including a curated selection of the Decision Portrait Series as seen from February 19 - May 14, 2011 in Susan Lenz's solo exhibition at Waterworks Visual Art Center in Salisbury, NC ... CLICK HERE!

To view "Decision Portraits" a curated selection from the Decision Portrait Series as seen from January 21 - February 23, 2011 in Susan Lenz's solo exhibition at Warehouse Theater in Greenville, SC ... CLICK HERE!

To view the sculpture unit of doors and tagged keys that provided the catalyst for the Decision Portrait Series and that was on view during the Charleston, SC and the Salisbury, NC exhibitions ... CLICK HERE.

To view the forty portraits selected for the Quilt's Inc. 2012 International Quilt Festival ... CLICK HERE.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

I guess I needed a good cry or something because I just went through them all, one after another. Although I really would love to see this show in person, I doubt you would want me there. Unless, of course, it was a private showing. Steve could push the shopping cart full of kleenexes.

OregonPatchWorks said...

Hi!! Such a big list of portraits... nice collection list :)

Angelina Keffi said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Toxoplasmosis, Diarrhea.Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Esquizofrenia, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Coeliac Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

Charlotte Johnson said...

I''m Charlotte Johnson,65  years old, Here in Edmonton, Canada. With the new herbal mix medicine I purchased from Dr James herbal mix medicine West Africa  was my only way to get rid of my Alzheimer's, the herbal  mix medicine effectively reversed my condition and alleviated all symptoms.  I was initially very hesitant to discuss my Alzheimer but I just hope it can still help someone. I feel this will be very important information for all Alzheimer patients, because the most violent element in society today is ignorance. Be it any condition, a healthy diet and natural herbs and roots medicine from Dr. James is the road to fast recovery. I had suffered Alzheimer for many years, I fought for proper medical recommendation, care  and all forms of humane treatment with little improvement. I went through many sleepless nights and periods of intense grief, as do most families. I was recommended by a friend to use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for my Alzheimer with high hope and assurance. I never doubted my friend but to contact Dr. James. And purchased His herbal mix medicine which was effective and I finally feel my Alzheimer is gone with no more symptoms. He also told me that he got cures for diseases such as  Lungs diseases, kidney diseases, Warts, Bipolar disorder, Shingles,  HPV, ALS, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME, HIV / AIDS, Herpes virus, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia, skin cancer,.testicular Cancer, Leukemia, HEPATITIS A, B, C, Contact  the great one on his email     DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM   With Dr.James herbal medications for Alzheimer's , trust their is permanent cure to Alzheimer's and you will testify just like me thank you all.