Monday, October 15, 2012

Personal Appearances I


 
Personal Appearances I.  Stitched words:  I've dyed my hair for years.  Xylene photo transfer on tea-stained muslin.  Hand embroidery and beading.  Unframed:  25" x 19"; Framed:  31" x 25".  Click on image to enlarge.

Kathryn Schmidt is a very talented quilter and the author of Rule-Breaking Quilts.  (This excellent book is also available through the American Quilter’s Society where there's several nice reviews!)   Kathryn's techniques are heralded as great for both beginners and more experienced quilters.  She embraces spontaneity.   "Stack-Slash-Move" and "Easy-Curvy-Sewing" are phrases that suggest energy, creativity, and a youthful exuberance.  Perhaps this is why Kathryn has dyed her hair for years!  The look suits her!  Her decision is a personal appearance choice.... and it looks good!

I've thought about dyeing my hair ... haven't done it ... yet!  The more gray there is, the more I toy with the idea!

No comments: